In 2013, Dubai made headlines by clinching the right to host the World Expo 2020. Over the years, world expos have acquired a reputation for having become a platform where the world has converged to explore, share and exhibit ideas,thoughts and innovations. The past expos have served as centre stages for the world to think of the present, ruminate on the past and chart a new course for the future. We should not expect any less from the Dubai World Expo 2020, in the preparation for which the city is going hammer and tongs.
11 things you should know about the Dubai World Expo 2020
1. This will be the first time that the world expo will be travelling to the MENASA (Middle East, North Africa and South Asia) region. The World Expo is more than a century and half years old.
2. The theme for the Dubai World Expo 2020 is ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future’. The theme of the mega event reflects the spirit of collaboration, co-operation and partnership, the three factors that drive innovation and development at the global stage.
3. The Expo site is located near the Al Maktoum International Airport. It spreads over an area of 4.38 square kilometres.
4. Dubai World Expo 2020 will start on 20 October 2020 and continue till 10 April 2021. 2021 also marks UAE’s Golden Jubilee year. The country became independent on 2 December 1971.
5. Host Dubai is expecting a crowd of no less than 25 million, during the event. Dubai is leaving no stones unturned in arranging the best travel and accommodation facilities for such a large gathering of people.
6. Dubai is hoping to create an Expo history, by pulling the largest number of international visitors. The host expects 70% of Expo visitors to come from overseas.
7. Dubai Expo 2020 has three sub-themes: Opportunity, Mobility and Sustainability. For each of the sub-themes, there are three different zones.
8. The design of the site’s central plaza(Al Wasl) takes inspiration from the traditional Arabic souks (markets). The souks are symbolic of the meeting places where the people traditionally congregated to interact, exchange and connect.
9. After the mega event has concluded, the premises shall be transformed into a research facility and a university to carry forward the legacy of the expo.
10. Dubai World Expo 2020 is expected to create well over 250,000 new jobs and aims to feature 30,000 volunteers cutting across age, nationality, culture and background.
11. As if to pronounce Dubai’s commitment to sustainability, the incredibly designed structures that hang over the much of the site will be embedded with photovoltaic (PV) cells. The installation is expected to provide for 50% of the site’s energy requirement.
As the World Expo 2020 gets closer, many new residential and commercial projects have sprouted all over Dubai. This has created exciting new investment opportunities.
If you wish to explore these opportunities, we invite you to Connect With Us Today.We have an amazing portfolio of world-class investment properties, which we are eager to share with serious investors.
To know more about us, please visit our website: www.aurum-re.com
Powered By: Aurum Real Estate.